Bringing you everything about the hotel world!
Are you a frequent traveler? Have you ever wished you’d come across your favorite stars or any of the world’s famous personalities in one of your trips? Well, read on and find out to increase the probability of you having your own paparazzi moments with some of the world’s most famous celebrities.
Here’s a list of 10 famous personalities in the world and their favorite hotels!
10. Paris Hilton (The May Fair Hotel, Central London): Paris, a known socialite, singer, actress, and author, likes to stay in The May Fair Hotel located in the heart of London despite the fact the she’s an heiress of the Hilton Hotels. The May Fair is a historic hotel with a modern design. It was built in 1927 on the site which was previously the Duke of Devonshire’s London home. This real life Barbie, who believes that one should be “cute rather than boring, loves to stay in the hotel’s pink suite known as Schiaperalli Suite. It was named after the thirties fashion designer, Elsa Schiaperalli.
9. Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie (Waldorf Astoria, New York): If you’re a fan of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, better check in at Waldorf Astoria located in Manhattan, New York. This historic hotel is a member of Hilton’s Luxury and Lifestyle Brands along with The Waldorf=Astoria Collection (originally with a hyphen) and Conrad Hotels & Restaurants. A “hotel within a hotel, Waldorf Astoria offers luxury suites overlooking Park Avenue. Its rooms come with a wet bar, a refrigerator, two television sets, three or more speaker phones, a boudoir with make-up and dressing area and beautiful interior design featuring fine furniture selections. Why does Brangelina love this place? Well, this hotel offers the best of city living, eradicating any of the hassles.
8. Britney Spears (The Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas): Aside from partying with Paris Hilton in the nightclubs of Las Vegas, Britney was also said to come by The Palms. It is a casino and residential tower located in Paradise, Nevada. The main tower has 702 rooms and suites, and contains a 95,000 sq ft casino, a recording studio and a 2,200 seat showroom. Fun fact: Katy Perry’s 2009 music video of her song, Waking Up in Vegas was shot at the Palms Fantasy Tower.
7. Madonna (The Lanesborough, London): This 2008 Rock and Roll Hall of famer loves to be pampered by the 5-star services of The Lanesborough located at the heart of London whenever she’s in the United Kingdom area. This hotel, which is operated by the American Starwood Hotels, is said to be the most expensive hotel in London. Aside from accommodating the said musical icon, the hotel has also housed visiting royalties, eminent politicians and other entertainers.
6. Michael Jackson (Burj Al Arab, Dubai): The King of Pop, Michael Jackson, has his own share of publicized moments about different hotels around the world. These include his stay at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower in 2007 where he unleashed his inner child by demanding children’s toys to be brought up his room. Another unforgettable event also happened at Hotel Adlon in Berlin when he dangled his nine-year old son, Prince Michael II, over the balcony of his room. But notable among these visits is that one at the Burj Al Arab Hotel located in Dubai in 2005. He didn’t actually stay at the five-star hotel for the night. Instead, he just went there to satisfy his desire for spicy Buffalo wings. The sail-shaped luxury hotel is one of the tallest hotels in the world and is also known for its complex engineering features.
5. Tiger Woods (MGM Grand, Las Vegas): Eldrick Tont “Tiger” Woods, an American professional golfer who is among the most successful golfers of all time, has been known for his hotel trail of affairs. In 2009, he took an indefinite leave after publicly professing infidelity. He met one of his mistresses, Jamie Grubbs, at a nightclub in Las Vegas and proceeded later to his mansion at MGM Grand. The MGM Grand was the largest hotel in the world when it opened in 1993. It houses numerous shops and nightclubs, 19 restaurants, and the largest casino in Clark County. No wonder it attracts personalities such as Mr. Woods.
4. Bill Gates (Windsor Court Hotel, New Orleans): William Henry “Bill” Gates III, founder of Microsoft and one of the world’s wealthiest people, puts the Windsor Court Hotel on its travel list. This four-star hotel is a high-rise building in the Central Business District of New Orleans, Louisiana. It rises 253 feet and consists of 23 floors. This example of modern architecture was completed in 1984.
3. Donald Trump (Beverly Hills Hotel, Los Angeles): Donald Trump, an American business magnate, socialite, author and television personality, Chairman and CEO of a US-based real-estate developer and now President of the United States. Pfeew. That’s quite the resumé. He also owns the Miss Universe Organization. Although he is the founder of Trump Entertainment Resorts, which operates numerous casinos and hotels, he admits his connection with LA. Despite owning a house in Beverly Hills, he prefers to stay at the Beverly Hotel during his “quick visits to the area. Trump says that the hotel has everything he needs and that the staff really knows how to take care of their guests. The hotel opened on May 12, 1912 and was designed by Pasadena architect, Elmer Grey.
2. Oprah Winfrey (Four Seasons, Washington, DC): Oprah Gail Winfrey, a multi-award winning talk show host, is said to be one heck of a demanding hotel guest. She requests for specific types of food, kind of utensils to use, and bottled water that is of room temperature. This influential celebrity likes all things luxurious including hotels. That’s why for Obama’s inauguration in January 2009, the Queen of Chat chose to stay in the Royal Suite at the Four Seasons Hotel in DC. It is the only five-diamond, five-star hotel in the capital region. According to the Washington Post, among the suite’s perks are a personal shopping assistant, private exercise room, and “a sculptural bathtub with a crystal fixture elegantly draped overhead.
1. Barrack Obama (Hay-Adams Hotel, Washington, DC): It is undeniable that anywhere Barrack Obama, formerly the most powerful man in the world, will always be treated like a king. He will always be staying at the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE of any hotel in any country. But, this humble man has a wide range of hotel choices. These include hotels, motels, and holiday inns. But one particular hotel that would definitely leave a mark to him as a president was the one where his family stayed before they even transferred to the White House. That has become the jumpstart of his numerous hotel-hopping around the globe. The Obama family stayed at Hay-Adams hotel located directly across the street from the White House. It has played host to many esteemed guests including Amelia Earheart, Sinclair Lewis, and Charles Lindbergh. The hotel’s slogan is: “Where nothing is overlooked but the White House.”
Celebrities chose these hotels for a reason. It may be because of its posh interior design or the extraordinary services that they get from their stay. One thing is for sure though; these celebrities definitely want to be treated like major VIPs!
Bringing you everything about the hotel world!